Podcasts and Stories for Local Music Lovers
Brave New Radio was formed to tell stories about music, musicians and the culture of sound and rhythm in the Twin Cities. We produce podcasts, blogs, videos and artifacts with and about local musicians and live shows. We collaborate with artists of all kinds to celebrate the sounds of our city. Join us.
Brave New Radio Minneapolis features a variety of podcasts that are a distinct collection of stuff we find interesting, as music’s biggest fans. This is the sweet spot where we feel free to share our local and national band Interviews, eclectic weekly music calendar, seasonal festival watch, and motley mix of casts about anything and everything that allows us to celebrate and appreciate our life’s soundtrack.
Our Podcast Series
At Brave New Radio, we live to celebrate our love for music! We create podcasts that orbit around music and musical performance.
- Freakers Choice: Longtime local music expect and jam band fanatic, Timmy The Freak, brings his old publication - The Weekly Freak - back to life with his Freakers Choice podcast. Hear about the best music from all genres as Timmy shares tales and recommendations about music in Minneapolis and New Orleans.
- All The Way Live Music Calendar: Join host Stacey Tyler, producer John Baillie, and special guests as we rundown the shows coming to Minneapolis. Hear about the best shows of the week and tune into interviews with local and national artists on their way to the stage here in town.
- Just Listen: Every episode we will play a song from deep in our vault of live recordings… but we won’t tell you who it is (at least no yet)… we want you to take the time and Just Listen.
Listen To Our Most Recent Podcasts
- Craig Baillie: Partner and Creative Director for Brave New Media since 1998. Over 25 years working in design, web and digital marketing as a producer and business owner. Craig helped form Brave New Radio to produce local stories in more collaborative and innovative ways - both commercially and creatively.
- John Baillie: In addition to being the Lead Engineer, John is also the Brave New Radio Program Director, working behind the scenes to keep everything running smoothly.
- Stacey Tyler: Stacey Tyler has been a music lover since her first music memory of Ray Charles on the family stereo in Clinton Iowa at age 1! She studied communications and broadcasting at the University of MN, and got her first radio job in promotions at KOOL 108. That led to a gig producing the Freddie Bell Morning Show at Solid Gold Soul 950AM, also serving as their weather girl. Brave New Radio is her passion, and she enjoys collaborating with her team members on their various projects.
- Timmy Smith: Bio Coming Soon!
If you have questions, requests or suggestions please drop us a line!